Lake Michigan Credit Union, established in 1933, is one of the largest financial institutions in Michigan and one of the largest credit unions in the nation! For several years running, LMCU has earned inclusion as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in West Michigan, Metropolitan Detroit and nationally!
This award is based on key metrics like communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and many others. This award recognizes our efforts to build a strong, sustainable business presence without sacrificing employee benefits, growth or wellbeing.
As an employee, you'll enjoy a stimulating, professional atmosphere, supported by the latest technology, training and development. You will be encouraged to refine your existing skills in an environment of empowerment, gain new experiences, and progress to the limits of your own motivation. Our comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, tuition assistance, 401(k) and pension plan options for retirement savings, paid volunteer time and paid time off that allows you to balance work and home life.
The Branch Manager I is responsible for driving growth of a Credit Union branch, and facilitating career development of staff. The Branch Manager ensures that branch is providing outstanding service to LMCU members, our business partners and their employees, community organizations, and internal LMCU employees. The ideal candidate would understand the importance of upholding a constant and consistent positive image and the highest level of professionalism by way of appearance, knowledge, and interpersonal skills. A Branch Manager is responsible for maintaining a strong working knowledge of LMCU functions, regulatory compliance, and internal policies and procedures. The person selected for this position must also demonstrate excellent communication skills in all forms, verbal, written, and electronic.
- Responsible for Credit Union Branch growth and employee development.
- Aligns talent to Retail business objectives by owning the employee Performance Management Process, documenting and addressing employee performance issues, and holding the team accountable for branch goals. Engages, encourages, and rewards team member performance.
- Facilitates the Career Development Planning Process to ensure technical expertise and leadership excellence of branch staff. Provides tools and guidance to foster individual development.
- Forecasts and manages branch-level budgets. Tracks and addresses budget line item trends.
- Demonstrates lending expertise when underwriting consumer loans.
- Partners with Business Development Manager to develop, plan, and implement sales efforts to build relationships and establish rapport with both community and business partners.
- Evaluates branch growth efforts and creates action plans based on analysis of sales metric data and targets.
- Monitors all branch activities to ensure adherance to and compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance, CU policies and procedures, and completion of required training.
- Champions the change management process. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and barriers to improving business processes. Influences others and supports company-wide projects and initiatives through collaboration to drive results.
Preferred Experience and Education: